Last time I made them they were probably 60% pork/40% beef. This time they are 100% beef and taste pretty darn good. Better than the last batch.
I’m not done tweaking them. Next batch I’m going with two more changes.
One. I still can’t get sheep casings to work well. I think I need a smaller fill tube (twss). I did manage to get a few of them done in sheep. The rest are just collagen casing. Good stuff, but I think the sheep (which are thinner) have a bit more snap.
Two. I need to add ECA (encapsulated citric acid) to give it a bit of tang. The local spice store didn’t have any so I’ll need to order it. Fortunately, I have an Amazon gift card with a few bucks left on it.
Once I get it nailed down, I’ll make a batch to ship to Bob and Pat for a taste test.